Veterans Resource Center
Welcome to the Staff Sergeant Matthew Thompson Veterans Resource Center (VRC) of Concordia University Irvine. Our mission is to assist VA beneficiaries with transitioning from the military to the classroom by creating a campus community that ensures their well-being. Our ultimate goal is to prepare student veterans, spouses, and dependents to fully transition into the workforce and contribute to society as wise, honorable, and cultivated citizens. Aside from striving to be the most military friendly university, the VRC serves as the liaison between the student and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Only the Department of Veterans Affairs may determine the eligibility of individuals for veteran educational benefits and to approve the payment benefits.
We are committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact us. We are here to walk you through the entire process.
We are a proud Yellow Ribbon Scholarship university and we have an unlimited number of scholarships at an unlimited dollar amount for those who qualify.
- 2019: Military Friendly School, Best Colleges US News for Veterans Regional Colleges West #20 (tied)
- 2018: Military Advanced Education and Transition: Top Colleges & Universities, Best Colleges US News for Veterans Regional Colleges West #22
- 2017: Military Friendly School, Best Colleges US News for Veterans Regional Colleges West #23
- 2016: Military Friendly School
- 2015: Military Friendly School
- 2014: Military Friendly School
Program Specific Accreditation
GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site.
Veterans Resource Center Manager
Deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan from April 2011 - April 2012 (4 years Army)