MSN Application Requirements
We have a new online application. If you started your application before 12/5/2014 continue your app here.
New online application
The admission process for acceptance to the MSN program involves three steps.
- The prospective candidate submits the following program admission documents to the admissions counselor for the MSN Program:
Each MSN application file is evaluated as a whole by a faculty committee to determine if the prospective candidate should be contacted for an in-person interview.
During the in-person interview the prospective candidate meets with the Assistant Director of the Master of Science in Nursing Program.
- Complete a Graduate Application for Admission
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Graduate from an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Bachelor’s level courses include nursing research, statistics, health assessment, and pathophysiology with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale that are equivalent to those offered in the CUI accelerated undergraduate nursing program.
- Copies of Current State of California Nursing License and an American Heart Association Heath Care Provider Basic Life Support Certificate.
- Letter of intent with a written two page essay of personal, professional and educational goals for becoming a nurse educator.
- Résumé showing recent register nursing experience.
- Three letters of recommendation on CUI forms, one completed by the applicant's supervisor and two from persons who can attest to the applicant's potential for master’s study and leadership.
Concordia University Irvine, Attn: Melissa Hinrichs, 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612
Park Place Campus, Attn: Melissa Hinrichs, 3337 Michelson Suite 650, Irvine, CA 92612
Excellence in Nursing Scholarship
You’ve worked hard as a nurse. Let us help you attain the next level of education.
Concordia University Irvine will give you a scholarship totaling $4000 towards your MSN degree when you maintain consistent enrollment. This amount will be prorated over the 14 courses in the program.
For more information about this scholarship, please call us at (949) 214-3280.