How to Apply
- Read the Admissions Requirements
- Download, complete, and submit the International Undergraduate Application (PDF or Online)
We are waiving the $50 online application fee until December 31!
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation / International Reference Form and Essay (PDF)
All applicants must submit a Letter of Recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher and an Essay.
- Submit official transcripts by mailing them to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Submit Proof of English Proficiency
- Official transcript(s).
This includes all coursework taken from 9th grade to the present. If any high school or college work is in progress at the time of this application, be sure an additional final transcript is sent when the work is completed.
Official transcripts must be sent directly from the high school in a sealed envelope or hand-carried to Concordia University, Irvine.
- High School GPA of 2.8 and above
- Transfer students must submit official transcripts for all college course work
- International transcripts must be evaluated
(Suggested Credential Evaluation Services: www.IERF.org, or www.wes.org or more at www.edupass.org)
Fulfill Requirements to Obtain the I-20 and Submit Materials
- Official TOEFL(PBT 550/IBT 79 - 80)/IELTS (6.5) score from within the past two years.
- Official SAT or ACT scores Request results of the (SAT) or (ACT) tests.
- *If you took one of these tests at the high school from which you graduated, the results may be recorded on your transcript. Check with the high school personnel when requesting your transcript. Student copies will not be accepted.
- *Official SAT and/or ACT scores (recommended)
All freshman applicants must submit official scores from TOEFL or SAT and/or ACT. Scores must be sent directly from the testing institution to the Office of International Undergraduate Admissions. SAT School: 4069; ACT School: 0227. Copies are considered unofficial documents.
Note: If you submit more than one SAT score, we use the highest score from each section (critical reading and math) and combine them into a super score. Equally, we also use the highest composite ACT score.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF)
Completed affidavit and supporting documents verifying that the applicant will be able to underwrite their total financial costs during their studies at Concordia University.
- Certificate of Bank Balance (PDF)
The amount you need to show proof of funding for here is $46,500. This is
an estimated amount and may change at any time. If you are receiving
Academic Scholarship or Athletic Scholarship you may subtract it from
$46,500. The Academic scholarship amount will automatically apply to
your tuition if you meet the grade requirement upon enrollment to CUI. For
Athletic Scholarship, you must provide a copy of your Letter of Intent.
(Academic Scholarship and Athletic Scholarship cannot stack together)
- Photocopy of Passport
These documents are not necessary until AFTER you are accepted, however, they are needed for your I-20 so getting a head start will only benefit you.
For Transfer Students:
- All of the above
- Copy of I-20 (all 3 pages)
- Copy of F1 Visa
- Copy of I-94 (front & back)
- Transfer Form (PDF)
Submitting Your Application