Public Relations Adjunct Professor
- Undergraduate degree Communications, Public Relations Emphasis at Cal State Fullerton
- MBA from Pepperdine University
Jennifer Heinly has more than 25 years of experience in public relations and marketing. Current and past clients include those in the health care, legal, high tech, publishing, construction/engineering services, sports marketing, food, insurance and financial service industries.
Heinly's current areas of expertise include media relations, news release/article writing, and public relations/marketing planning.
While working for several advertising and public relations agencies in Southern California and Denver, Heinly’s account experience included computer peripherals and software, telecommunication, electronic components, real estate, state government, non-profit, travel, financial services, education, sports promotion/marketing, and medical.
Heinly is an adjunct professor at Concordia University, teaching a senior-level class, “Com 422 Studies/Public Relations.” She was also an adjunct professor at University of California, Irvine, teaching an online course, “Designing and Executing a Successful PR Campaign.”
Heinly is the past Chair IPA Section of PRSA; past Programming Chair for IPA Section of PRSA; past president of the International Association of Business Communicators, Colorado Chapter; and a past member of the Colorado Sports Council, Short Track Speed Skating Championships committee. She is currently the secretary for the Healthcare PR and Marketing Association.
She has also spoken on marketing and public relations on behalf of the following organizations:
- Guest speaker for public relations courses at California State Fullerton, Biola University, Concordia University, and Cal State Dominquez Hills
- Colorado National Bank, Small Business Division
- Institute of Certified Financial Planners, Colorado Society
- Aurora Association of Life Underwriters
- Colorado Municipal League
- Greater Denver Chamber of Commerce, New Business Breakfast Club and
Women Business Owners' Network
- Longmont Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Center
Heinly holds a master's in business administration from Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif., and a bachelor's in communications from California State University, Fullerton, Calif.